On March 4 at 1:09pm crews from Mt. Penn and Lower Alsace (CO 4) were dispatched to 13 Butter Lane for a report of a carbon monoxide/smoke detector activation. Upon entering the structure readings of 300+ parts per million (PPM) carbon monoxide (CO) were registered with the occupant indicating some symptoms of exposure. Crews then checked t [...]
On February 28 at approximately 9:10 am Mt. Penn Engine 1 was called along with Exeter Township (Co 25) rescue to assist City of Reading units on a 2nd alarm fire at 253-255 S 17th St in East Reading. City units had arrived not long before and reported a working fire. Upon discovering hoarding conditions and extension to the house next door [...]
On February 23 at about 4:15 pm Mt. Penn was dispatched to assist Birdsboro/Union (Co7) at 2 Industrial Drive for a reported structure fire at Van Industries. Crews from Monocacy (Co6) and Gibralter (Co23) were also dispatched to assist.
Chief 7 arrived and reported a fire in a grinding booth that was contained but with heavy smoke and fire [...]
It has been a tough year to sell out due to weather which has been windy, bitter cold, snowy and sunny. Thanks to our dedicated crew who put in lots of extra time and effort to keep selling we can now say we are SOLD OUT! We would like to thank everybody who help make this possible and hope to see you all next year!
We have stopped selling at the intersection, the goal of selling out today will not be met.
We will be here at the fire station till 4PM today, and even after 4, if you stop and knock on the door, we will sell if someone is here.
We will be here tomorrow after 10 AM as well till they are gone.
We would like to thank everybody who came out thi [...]
On Monday February 9 just before noon Mt. Penn was dispatched along with Co 7 (Birdsboro Union), Co 25 (Exeter Twp) and Co 24 (Geigertown) to assist Co. 23 (Gibralter Fire Co) on a reported chimney fire at 634 Schuylkill Rd in Robeson Twp.
Crews found a working chimney fire with some extension to the structure around the chimney area caused b [...]
On Saturday February 7 the company was dispatched to provide a RIT team in the 600 block of Schoffer’s Rd. in Exeter Township for a reported chimney fire. Upon arrival with the Exeter units it was discovered that there was a working chimney fire with extension into the structure from the chimney area. Birdsboro/Union Fire Dept (Co 7) [...]
To all Friends and Followers: We will be having our 47th Annual Fastnacht Sale next weekend Saturday and Sunday, February 14th & 15th, 2015 8 AM till 4 PM both …days or until we sell out! You can get them at the fire station at 2711 Grant St or weather permitting at the intersection of 23rd and Perkiomen Ave. $8.00 per dozen
They ma [...]
On January 14, 2015 @ 2119 the City of Reading Fire Department responds to a structure fire in the 700 block of Chestnut St. City crews encountered a large volume of fire on the 1st and 2nd floors of the dwelling with a report of an occupant unaccounted for.
At 2127 Reading Deputy Chief Mogel requested a 2nd alarm due to deteriorating condit [...]
Crews assist City of Reading
December 28, 2014 @ 2125 hours, Engine 1 and Ladder 1 respond to the City of Reading to assist on a 3 alarm double fatality fire in the 500 block of Spruce St. Ladder 1 crews were sent to assist Reading Car 6 with roof operation while the Engine 1 crew was sent to assist Reading Car 9 with interior operations.